Backing up your cPanel server is one of the most important things you should be doing for your cPanel account.
While we (and probably other hosting providers) do backup your data daily to offsite location within the region you selected during the initial account configuration, it is the smartest thing to rely on this service only unless you have bought a stand-alone Optimized Backup package.
Here is a simple way to back up your data which will include all your website files, email accounts, applications, databases and others:
- Log in to the desired cPanel account.
- Navigate to cPanel’s Backup interface (cPanel >> Home >> Files >> Backup).
- Enter an email address in the notification text box to receive notification when the backup is ready.
- Click Download a Full Web Site Backup.
- Select Home Directory.
- Click Generate Backup.
- Wait for the notification to arrive via email.
- Press the F5 key on your keyboard or reload your web browser to refresh the interface.
- In the Account Backups menu, select the newly-created backup file to download it to your computer.